Cull Yaw Shoulder with Roast Potatoes
Recipe from Brad Carter of Carters of Moseley
- Pre-heat your oven to 220ºC and season your Cull Yaw shoulder liberally with salt.
- Add the shoulder to a roasting tray and place in the hot oven for 10 minutes. You could also use a cook’s blowtorch to seal the shoulder all over instead.
- Turn down the oven to 140ºC and cook for around 2.5 hours or until it reaches 78ºC-82ºC on a temperature probe. The meat should pull away from the bone easily.
- Cover the meat loosely with foil and rest for around 30 minutes before carving with a spoon!
- Blanch heritage potatoes in boiling salted water and crush once cool. Roast at 200ºC in the fat that renders out from the shoulder.
- Add fresh mint to redcurrant jelly, red wine vinegar and a spoon of miso - soften in a saucepan and serve alongside your Cull Yaw and roasties! Enjoy!